When it comes to keeping your mouth clean, taking advantage of an electric toothbrush can make the process much easier.
With a variety of different features ranging from adjustable timers to advanced bristles for a deeper clean, an electric toothpaste can help to improve your overall dental hygiene.
However, as there are so many electric toothbrushes on the market, choosing the perfect one can be quite a task. With the help of this guide, you’ll be able to choose the best electric toothbrush of 2021.
Best Electric Toothbrush Reviews
1. Philips Sonicare Essence
Philips is a reliable brand for dental health and hygiene products, and the Philips Sonicare Essence is a strong competitor when it comes to electric toothbrushes. This particular model incorporates a variety of different interesting features that are specifically designed to target your teeth and gums with every stroke.
A few of the best highlights of the Philips Sonicare Essence include:
- Great brushing technology: With the help of the patented sonic technology, over two times more plaque will be removed from your teeth every time you brush them when compared to a manual toothbrush. The integrated dynamic fluid action is necessary for cleaning in between all of your teeth and along the line of your gums.
- Stays charged for longer: Unlike other electric toothbrushes that you have to recharge every day, the Philips Sonicare Essence is specifically designed to last up to 2 weeks in between each charge.
- Integrated brushing timer: If you’ve ever been curious as to how long you should be brushing for, the two-minute timer helps to make sure that you don’t brush for too long or too short.
What’s to like about the Philips Sonicare Essence
There are plenty of things to like about the Philips Sonicare Essence, including:
- Small and convenient brush head: In comparison to manual toothbrushes, the head on the Philips Sonicare Essence is much smaller, which makes it perfect for getting into tight spaces where a larger toothbrush might not be able to reach.
- Easy to clean: In order to prevent the development of mold over time, you’ll need to clean your toothbrush heads. However, they are incredibly simple to keep clean in comparison to other electric toothbrushes.
What’s not to like about the Philips Sonicare Essence
A couple of concerns with the Philips Sonicare Essence include:
- Increased sensitivity: If you’re someone who has been dealing with tooth and gum sensitivity, this may not be the ideal toothbrush for you as it may have the tendency to wear away at your enamel and force you to brush too hard.
- Loses its charge: Over time, you may notice that the toothbrush will start to lose its charge faster and faster. Unfortunately, this may cause you to need to buy a new Philips Sonicare Essence.
2. Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush
The Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush is a strong competitor when it comes to electric toothbrush models, especially as it incorporates most of the features you’d find in high-end designs but with a more user-friendly interface. It has plenty of interesting features that make it great for use at home and while traveling.
Some of the best highlights of the Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush include:
- Waterproof: Being able to brush your teeth in the shower can help you to save time in the morning, but not all electric toothbrushes are entirely waterproof. The Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush can be doused and sprinkled with water without any signs of deterioration.
- USB inductive charging: If you’re someone who likes to travel, you’re going to need an electric toothbrush that is just as versatile as your lifestyle. With USB inductive charging, all you need is a mini-USB cable and you’ll be able to make sure your toothbrush is ready to use no matter where you are.
- Three cleaning modes: To help create a customized brushing experience, there are three different cleaning modes (daily clean, sensitive and whitening) to make your teeth feel like they were just cleaned by the dentist.
What’s to like about the Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush
A couple of things you’re sure to appreciate about the Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush include:
- Impressive power: The Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush has almost as much power as some more high-end models, which is essential for making your teeth feel squeaky clean after a regular brush.
- Extra toothbrush heads included: Instead of having to buy additional accessories after first unboxing the Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush, it comes with extra brush heads so it’s ready to use right away.
What’s not to like about the Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush
A couple of negative aspects of the Sonicool Sonic Electric Toothbrush include:
- Charging instructions must be followed closely: To prolong the life of your battery, you have to pay clear attention to the charging instructions. Otherwise, the battery won’t last nearly as long. You have to run the toothbrush until it reaches 0% battery before you charge it for the first time.
- No 3D cleaning: Although the toothbrush is advertised to offer 3D cleaning, the brush head doesn’t oscillate or rotate, it simply vibrates.
3. Fairywill Electric Toothbrush
As one of the lesser-known brands on this list, the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush is much more impressive than you might assume. It incorporates a ton of features that you normally wouldn’t find in generic electric toothbrushes, which helps to make it one of the best models for everyday use.
A couple of great highlights of the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush include:
- Impressive dental hygiene goals: If you’ve been looking for an electric toothbrush that will help you to improve your dental health in less time, you’ll love how the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush can help to improve your oral and gum health in 14 days and teeth whiteness in 7 days.
- Waterproof design: Although you might assume that all electric toothbrushes are waterproof, that’s not necessarily the case. With that being said, the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush can be used in the bath and shower or regularly in front of your sink, helping to make brushing more convenient.
- Five brushing modes: To take your oral hygiene even further, this toothbrush offers five different brushing modes including white, clean, sensitive, polish and massage. After each brush, you’ll feel as if you just visited the dentist.
What’s to like about the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush
A few of the main benefits of the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush include:
- Helps to time ideal brushing: After every 30-second interval, the toothbrush will stop for one second, allowing you to move to another quadrant of your mouth. It’s an all-inclusive model that helps to make sure that all areas of your teeth receive the same attention.
- Helps to limit hard brushing: People who are suffering from receding gums due to brushing their teeth too hard will love this electric toothbrush as it’s designed to make sure you don’t push on your teeth too hard.
- Great for travel: If you’re searching for a toothbrush that you can bring with you on trips without sacrificing the quality of a strong electric toothbrush, this is a great model for you. As it can be charged by micro-USB, it’s the ideal model for business trips and vacations.
What’s not to like about the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush
Some of the issues you may experience with the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush are:
- Brush head may be too small: Depending on the size of your mouth and your preferred type of toothbrush, the head of the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush may be far too small. However, it can be ideal for getting into tight places.
- Toothbrush loses charge easily: After using the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush for about three to four months, you will probably notice that the battery will start to wear down much faster than what you first received the toothbrush.
4. Mornwell D01 Electric Toothbrush
Designed for people who are looking for a way to revolutionize their smiles, the Mornwell D01 Electric Toothbrush is a hardy model that is specifically designed to elevate your teeth and gums to their healthiest and cleanest condition possible.
A few of the main features and highlights of the Mornwell D01 Electric Toothbrush include:
- Multifunction brushing modes: Instead of focusing on a single brushing mode, this electric toothbrush is designed to offer daily cleans, soft cleans (for sensitive teeth), whitening, and massages (for gum care). You’ll be able to choose which mode you’d prefer to use on a daily basis.
- Tongue cleaning toothbrush heads: As an added feature that you’re sure to love, two of the four additional brush heads that come with the base unit have a rubber coating which is specially designed to brush your tongue.
- Easy charging: Not only is the battery designed to last up to two weeks on a single charge, it also offers an easy-to-read indicator light that lets you know when the toothbrush is about to run out of charge.
What’s to like about the Mornwell D01 Electric Toothbrush
There are several things that you’ll love about the Mornwell D01 Electric Toothbrush, including:
- Small and convenient charging port: Unlike other electric toothbrushes that take up a lot of space on the counter, this particular model has an incredibly small base which can easily be tucked away into the corner of your counter.
- Soft to medium clean: If you’re someone who deals with sensitive teeth, you will certainly prefer the Mornwell D01 Electric Toothbrush over other electric toothbrushes because it isn’t rough and hard.
- Aesthetically pleasing: As far as electric toothbrushes go, this model looks great and won’t stick out on your bathroom counter.
What’s not to like about the Mornwell D01 Electric Toothbrush
As with most products, there are a couple of issues to take into consideration with the Mornwell D01 Electric Toothbrush.
- Not too powerful: If you are looking for a deep, dentist-like clean, this isn’t the ideal model for you as it isn’t especially powerful.
- Flimsy bristles: If you prefer medium to hard manual toothbrushes, you may be disappointed to learn that the bristles on the brush heads for this electric toothbrush are quite flimsy.
5. Oral B Vitality FlossAction
If there’s one thing that can be said about having to brush and floss, it’s that it takes quite a while to get it all done. With the help of the Oral B Vitality FlossAction, you’ll be able to brush and start flossing at the same time to maintain your oral hygiene and health.
A couple of the best highlights of the Oral B Vitality FlossAction include:
- High-level clean: Instead of focusing primarily on your teeth, this model is designed to get into all of the nooks and crannies that you have in your mouth, especially along your gum line and in between your teeth.
- Multiple brush head compatibility: With the Oral B Vitality FlossAction, you have complete control over the brush heads that you want to use as they are compatible with many different models ranging from the Sensitive Clean heads to the Deep Sweep heads.
- Oscillating head: Another interesting feature of this electric toothbrush is it oscillates from side to side, making it easier to get into hard-to-reach areas.
What’s to like about the Oral B Vitality FlossAction
A couple things that you’ll like about the Oral B Vitality FlossAction, include:
- Very powerful: If you’re searching for an electric toothbrush that is sure to get your entire mouth clean, this is the ideal model to choose because it has an incredibly strong motor that will be sure to remove plaque and grime from each of your teeth.
- Easy to hold: With the help of the ergonomic rubber grip on the base of the toothbrush, the toothbrush will be incredibly easy to hold and maneuver to access the hard-to-reach areas of your mouth, even when wet.
- Close to professional cleanliness: With the sheer amount of power behind the Oral B Vitality FlossAction, you’re going to get as close to a professional clean as possible which can make your teeth visibly brighter and cleaner.
What’s not to like about the Oral B Vitality FlossAction
A couple of things to think about before buying the Oral B Vitality FlossAction are:
- Battery can’t be replaced: In the event that the battery in your toothbrush dies, it is unfortunately irreplaceable, so you’ll have to go out and buy a brand-new toothbrush.
- Requires regular cleaning: If you don’t remove the brush head from the toothbrush after every use, you’re going to notice a significant production of mold and rust around the rotating metal bit up to the brush head.
When it comes to electric toothbrushes, the market is so saturated that finding the perfect one can be a little more difficult than you might assume. However, once you know exactly what to pay attention to when you’re browsing through different designs, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect toothbrush for everyday use.
No matter whether you have regular or sensitive teeth, bristle type is quite important to think about as it will determine how clean your teeth will really be. For example, lightweight and flimsy bristles aren’t going to give you as deep of a clean as rough bristles, but rough ones might be a little too tough for people with sensitive teeth.
Ideally, you’re going to want to choose a bristle style that has the same hardness that you would use with a manual toothbrush. For example, if you use a soft toothbrush you’ll want to opt for a soft brush head.
You can also find different types of bristles that are meant for different purposes. For example, you could choose a brush head with flossing pieces as well as traditional bristles, which will help with the flossing process as well as getting your teeth to the ideal level of cleanliness.
Even though it would make it much easier if all electric toothbrushes were designed for people of all ages, that’s simply not the case as younger and older people require softer bristles than middle-aged individuals.
If you’re looking for an electric toothbrush for your children, it’s important to pay special attention to age restrictions as some brush heads may not only be too large for their mouth, but the bristles might also be too rough.
With that being said, there are specific electric toothbrushes that are designed for children which can help make buying the perfect one much simpler.
Every electric toothbrush seems to have slightly different features, and some models are slightly more advanced than others. It’s up to you to determine whether specific features will be useful for your oral hygiene or not. A few of the most common features in electric toothbrushes include:
- Multiple brushing modes: In comparison to traditional electric toothbrushes, some designs come with multiple brushing modes that you can choose from based on how deep of a clean you want. In most cases, you’ll be able to choose between a daily cleaning function, a special whitening function and a massaging function for your gums.
- Compatible brush heads: To further customize your cleaning, you can typically choose from different brush heads that might be compatible with your toothbrush. Some are designed for flossing, some are designed for a deep clean and others are specially designed for people with dental health concerns.
- Waterproof: If you enjoy brushing your teeth in the shower, you’ll love a waterproof electric toothbrush. They are designed to be completely water-safe, making it not only easier to clean the toothbrush but also easier to use in many different wet conditions.
The majority of electric toothbrushes are made out of the same material which is typically the combination of different types of plastic. When it comes to the base of the unit, it’s imperative that you choose a material that is not only sanitary but also easy to keep clean.
In terms of charging, there are two main types of power supply options you can choose from for your electric toothbrush. The vast majority of models have a base that plugs into the wall.
You place the toothbrush on the base to charge it, which can be quite convenient, especially if you intend on keeping your toothbrush in the same place in your bathroom.
However, for added convenience, you might also be able to find electric toothbrushes that can be charged via USB cables, which is ideal for traveling as the vast majority of people already have a micro-USB charger for their smartphone or other electronics.
There are dozens of different colors that you might come across while shopping for an electric toothbrush and choosing the perfect one is completely up to you. You can either choose a color that accentuates your personality or choose one that fits perfectly with the aesthetic of your bathroom.
The most important thing to remember is you’re going to want to pick different colors for every member of your family so your brushes don’t get mixed up. Some of the most common electric toothbrush colors include mint green, black, white, pink and blue.
Best Electric Toothbrush FAQs
How to brush with an electric toothbrush?
Brushing with an electric toothbrush is easier than you might think, especially as they are designed to be simpler than manual toothbrushes. The main thing to remember with an electric model is that it will be much more powerful than a traditional toothbrush and you will have to be wary of your gums and teeth, especially if they are sensitive.
When brushing, make sure you’re not pressing too hard as the toothbrush is designed to do all of the work for you, especially if you have a model with a brush head that spins.
Are electric toothbrushes better than manual one?
If you were to ask a dentist, they would recommend that you start using an electric toothbrush because it helps to make sure you’re brushing hard enough and for long enough. An electric toothbrush gives you the comfort of knowing all of the most important areas of your mouth are getting cleaned. Many models also come with a built-in timer that lets you know how long you should be brushing your teeth for in a single session.
Are electric toothbrushes safe?
As long as you take the time to be careful when brushing your teeth, electric toothbrushes are incredibly safe, which is why they are typically recommended by dentists. It’s important that you pay attention to the operating instructions and choose the right model for your age and type of teeth to have the easiest and most comfortable brushing experience possible.
How long should you brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush?
One of the greatest features included in most electric toothbrushes is a timer that helps you to know when it’s time to stop brushing. Ideally, you’re going to want to brush your teeth for two minutes in total, allocating approximately 30 seconds per quadrant of your mouth. Brushing for more than two minutes can cause damage such as receding gums.
How to clean an electric toothbrush?
Depending on the type of model you choose, learning how to clean your electric toothbrush could be easier than you would think. It’s important to pay attention to the brush head and the pieces underneath the brush head. You’ll need to make sure that there isn’t any mold or mildew growing on the water that might be hidden in the cracks and crevices of the toothbrush. You’ll also want to make sure that you change your brush head at least once every three months, if not sooner.
Now that you’re ready to make your final decision, we recommend the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush for three main reasons: its charging capabilities, its stylish design and its powerful brushing.
Unlike some other electric toothbrushes, the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush can be easily taken anywhere, especially as it can be charged via micro-USB instead of a standard wall plug. As long as you’re carrying a traditional smartphone charger, your toothbrush will always be ready to use.
You’ll also find that this particular toothbrush looks great when displayed on your counter, especially since electric toothbrushes are typically unappealing to look at. It will fit seamlessly into your décor without being too overwhelming.
Finally, the power behind the bristles is what really sets the Fairywill Electric Toothbrush apart from the competition. You’ll have the ability to choose from five different brushing modes, all of which focus on separate areas of your teeth and give you the ability to either brush regularly or brush softly for sensitive teeth.
Having your teeth and gums sufficiently clean at the beginning and end of the day can completely transform the way your mouth feels and looks. For people who are tired of using manual toothbrushes because they never really know if their mouth is clean enough or not, an electric design is ideal.